Student loan tax deduction international situation

Miten pääsen Suomen sosiaaliturvaan? Miten saan Kela-kortin? Voinko saada työttömyysturvaa tai perhe-etuuksia? Vaikuttavatko lähtömaan etuudet Kelan etuuksiin? │ How can I become covered by the Finnish social security system? How can I get a Kela card? Can I receive unemployment benefits or family benefits? Do benefits from the country of origin affect the benefits paid by Kela?

Valvoja: Kela | kansainväliset asiat

Van den Berg

Student loan tax deduction international situation

Lukematon viesti Kirjoittaja Van den Berg » 21 Heinä 2021, 00:41

Dear Kela, I moved to Finland 3 years ago and have been working at the University of Oulu as a researcher for 3 years with a salary. I have acquired my Bachelor and Master degrees within the targeted time in the Netherlands, which is my home country. For acquiring my Bachelor and Master degrees I have gotten a student loan from the Dutch government. The Bachelor, Masters, as well as my current job at Oulun Yliopisto are in Archaeology, so my degrees in the Netherlands have been very important for the job I got in Finland.

Now here is my question: Can I deduct the amount I pay for my student loan every month from the taxes I pay in Finland? Or can I deduct something related to my student loan in any other way?

Best wishes,

M.

Kela | kansainväliset asiat

Re: Student loan tax deduction international situation

Lukematon viesti Kirjoittaja Kela | kansainväliset asiat » 21 Heinä 2021, 08:54

Hello Van den Berg!

I have moved your question to the section for student benefits. You find your question here.

Best regards
Vilma | Kela International situations
Kelan sähköiset asiointipalvelut löydät osoitteesta http://www.kela.fi/asiointi

Van den Berg

Re: Student loan tax deduction international situation

Lukematon viesti Kirjoittaja Van den Berg » 23 Heinä 2021, 07:58

Allright, thank you for that!