Moving to Finland to look for employment

Miten pääsen Suomen sosiaaliturvaan? Miten saan Kela-kortin? Voinko saada työttömyysturvaa tai perhe-etuuksia? Vaikuttavatko lähtömaan etuudet Kelan etuuksiin? │ How can I become covered by the Finnish social security system? How can I get a Kela card? Can I receive unemployment benefits or family benefits? Do benefits from the country of origin affect the benefits paid by Kela?

Valvoja: Kela | kansainväliset asiat

AnnaF

Moving to Finland to look for employment

Lukematon viesti Kirjoittaja AnnaF » 08 Heinä 2020, 23:28

Hi,

I am planning on moving to Finland, my boyfriend is a Finnish citizen. I am coming the EU and just recently graduated from my university in the Netherlands. I have had a part-time job for the last 3.5 years in the Netherlands while studying, and worked at least 56 hours per month.
I am planning on looking for employment in Finland. Would I be entitled for any unemployment benefits from the Finnish government during the period I will look for work?

Kela | kansainväliset asiat

Re: Moving to Finland to look for employment

Lukematon viesti Kirjoittaja Kela | kansainväliset asiat » 10 Heinä 2020, 09:59

Hi!

On Kysy Kelasta- page, we can only provide general information and therefore I recommend you to call our international situations number or send us a message on the e-Service (only available in Finnish and Swedish). This way we can sort out your personal situation.

With kind regards
Sara | Kela kansainväliset asiat
Kelan sähköiset asiointipalvelut löydät osoitteesta http://www.kela.fi/asiointi