Living in finland as sponsor

Miten pääsen Suomen sosiaaliturvaan? Miten saan Kela-kortin? Voinko saada työttömyysturvaa tai perhe-etuuksia? Vaikuttavatko lähtömaan etuudet Kelan etuuksiin? │ How can I become covered by the Finnish social security system? How can I get a Kela card? Can I receive unemployment benefits or family benefits? Do benefits from the country of origin affect the benefits paid by Kela?

Valvoja: Kela | kansainväliset asiat

Zakb

Living in finland as sponsor

Lukematon viesti Kirjoittaja Zakb » 07 Syys 2020, 08:09

Hello!

I am currently living in Finland with my spouse who is acting as sponsor. Am I able to recieve unemployment benefits while I search for a job here?

I just want to make sure as I don't want to break any laws.

Thanks in advance
Zak

Kela | kansainväliset asiat

Re: Living in finland as sponsor

Lukematon viesti Kirjoittaja Kela | kansainväliset asiat » 07 Syys 2020, 10:22

Hello!

If you move to Finland and want to apply for benefits from Kela, you should first fill a Notification of moving to Finland in addition to the application for a benefit or a Kela card. You can find more information from here.

You should also register at the Digital and Population Data Services Agency. The local register office will decide on the basis of your notification whether you can be entered into the Finnish population register and whether you will get a place of domicile. As part of the registration, you will be issued a personal identity code, if you have not been given one already.

If you become unemployed, register immediately as an unemployed jobseeker with the TE Services. After that, you can apply unemployment benefits from the unemployment fund or from Kela. On Kysy Kelasta-page we can only provide general information. You can read more about the requirements to receive unemployment benefits from here. If you have more questions, call our international situations number so we can sort out your personal situation.

With kind regards
Jussi | Kela International Services
Kelan sähköiset asiointipalvelut löydät osoitteesta http://www.kela.fi/asiointi

Zakb

Lukematon viesti Kirjoittaja Zakb » 07 Syys 2020, 10:29

Thanks a bunch!

I already have my personal identity code, Kela card and I have registered my current place of residence. So now all I need to do get my own bank account here in Finland and I can register with TE?

Kela | kansainväliset asiat

Lukematon viesti Kirjoittaja Kela | kansainväliset asiat » 09 Syys 2020, 09:58

Hello!

You can check with TE services if you can register there already before you have a Finnish bank account.

Best regards,
Johanna | Kela international issues
Kelan sähköiset asiointipalvelut löydät osoitteesta http://www.kela.fi/asiointi