Social security when moving from Germany to Finland

Hur kan jag börja omfattas av den finländska sociala tryggheten? Hur får jag ett FPA-kort? Kan jag få arbetslöshetsförmåner eller familjeförmåner? Inverkar förmåner från utreselandet på FPA-förmånerna? │ How can I become covered by the Finnish social security system? How can I get a Kela card? Can I receive unemployment benefits or family benefits? Do benefits from the country of origin affect the benefits paid by Kela?

Moderator: FPA | internationella ärenden

Användarvisningsbild
glira

Social security when moving from Germany to Finland

Oläst inlägg av glira » 14 jun 2019, 10:36

Good morning,

I am German and will be moving to Finland to work for a Finnish company.

I will still be in Germany working for a German company until the end of July, covered by German social security. I will be in Finland working for the Finnish company from the 1st day of August 2019 on, but I don't know if I will be already covered by Kela social security.

Will I already be covered by Kela on the 1st of August?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Gui

Användarvisningsbild
FPA | internationella ärenden

Re: Social security when moving from Germany to Finland

Oläst inlägg av FPA | internationella ärenden » 17 jun 2019, 13:11

Dear Gui

You may become entitled to social security coverage in Finland immediately when moving to Finland, if you move to Finland on a permanent basis or if you work in Finland and the wage amounts to at least EUR 696.60 per month. You may become entitled to social security coverage in Finland on the basis of employment even if you are not permanently resident here.

Please fill in the forms SV157e (Application – Kela card) and Y77e (Notification - Moving to Finland) and forward them to Kela. After our handling process you will be given a decision by mail. This decision can not be given in advance. The forms are available on our web site.

You may read more information involved on: https://www.kela.fi/web/en/from-other-c ... ed-persons.

Kind regards

Mia | Kela International issues
FPA:s e-tjänster finns på adressen http://www.fpa.fi/etjanst!

Användarvisningsbild
glira

Oläst inlägg av glira » 17 jun 2019, 15:24

Dear Mia,

Thanks for your answer. I am planning to hand in the forms during my appointment at International House Helsinki on July 30th. I will start working on August 1st, so if I should send the forms before that appointment please let me know.

You wrote:
You may become entitled to social security coverage in Finland immediately when moving to Finland, if you move to Finland on a permanent basis or if you work in Finland and the wage amounts to at least EUR 696.60 per month. You may become entitled to social security coverage in Finland on the basis of employment even if you are not permanently resident here.
Does may there mean that I have the right to be covered immediately or that it depends on Kela's decision?

By the way, I will be working with a permanent contract with the Finnish company.

Best regards,

Gui

Användarvisningsbild
Kela | kansainväliset asiat

Oläst inlägg av Kela | kansainväliset asiat » 26 jun 2019, 11:06

Dear Gui

First of all sorry for keeping you waiting with this answer from me.

My expression previously "you may become entitled to social security coverage in Finland immediately when..." refers to Kela's decision after receiving the application/ notification forms from you and after the handling process is over and finished. We are not able to inform you about the result or give a decision in advance.

You may forward the forms already now if the details conserning your moving to Finland can be given. The postal address is: Kela, Kv-keskus, PL 78, 00381 Helsinki, Finland.

Kind regards

Mia | Kela international issues
Kelan sähköiset asiointipalvelut löydät osoitteesta http://www.kela.fi/asiointi