Fertility treatments

Mitä korvataan yksityislääkärin palkkioista tai hammashoidosta? Mitä korvauksia saan lääkkeistä? Mitä matkoja korvataan?

Valvoja: Kela | sairausetuudet

Therese

Fertility treatments

Lukematon viesti Kirjoittaja Therese » 26 Syys 2020, 18:31

Hello,

I have some questions regarding fertility treatments in Finland.

As some background information my husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for 2 years and we're currently living in Canada where we're going through some infertility treatments. My husband is a finish citizen and I am Swedish and we have plans to move to Finland this winter.

But before we move we would like to get some more information about what treatment in Finland looks like and how it is paid for, what criteria's we have to meet etc.

1. Are fertility treatments covered by public health care? In full? Partially?

2. Does public healthcare work with private service providers or do we have to choose either public care or private?

3. Should we have lived in Finland for a certain time in order to be covered by any expenses covered by the public healthcare?

4. Does it make a difference that I am not a finish citizen/permanent resident (I am a Swedish citizen).

5. Are medications covered by public care?

Hopefully you can help answer some of these questions or maybe help me find someone who can.

Many thanks and best regards,
Therese

Kela | sairausetuudet

Re: Fertility treatments

Lukematon viesti Kirjoittaja Kela | sairausetuudet » 29 Syys 2020, 14:07

Hi Therese!

Thanks for your questions. If you move to Finland on a permanent basis, you can usually receive Kela benefits starting from the date of your move to Finland.

Kela's Centre for International Affairs provides service to all customers who move to or from Finland and in other international situations. International situations 020 634 0200 (Calling from abroad +358 20 634 0200).

Kind regards
Riina | Kela sairausetuudet
Kelan sähköiset asiointipalvelut löydät osoitteesta www.kela.fi/asiointi