Full-time study and stay abroad

Yliopistot ja ammattikorkeakoulut, Suomessa ja ulkomailla. Opintotuen lisäksi ateriatuki sekä opintolainahyvitys ja –vähennys. Kysy opintojen riittävästä edistymisestä tai enimmäistukiajasta.

Valvoja: Kela | opintotuki

Randy Corey

Full-time study and stay abroad

Lukematon viesti Kirjoittaja Randy Corey » 04 Maalis 2020, 13:06

Hello.
I am a full time student and I receive finantial aid for higher education students from kela.
Next period I can study from home. Since I can continue my studies in a non-presential way for a while, If I stay in my home country for 3 months, can the finantial aid that I receive be affected?

Thanks

Kela | opintotuki

Re: Full-time study and stay abroad

Lukematon viesti Kirjoittaja Kela | opintotuki » 06 Maalis 2020, 14:12

Hi!

If you continue and complete your studies normally during this 3 month time-period, then there should be no affects on your student grant. You still have to make a notification to Kela about this situation so we have correct information about your status. You can do notification in Kela's eService.

If you have general housing allowance for your apartment in Finland, that will be checked at the same time. In some cases housing allowance can be paid for housing costs in Finland for 3 months during absence. But that will be decided after your notification.

Kind regards
Joona | Kela opintotuki
Kelan sähköiset asiointipalvelut löydät osoitteesta www.kela.fi/asiointi

Randy Corey

Lukematon viesti Kirjoittaja Randy Corey » 10 Maalis 2020, 15:03

Part of my studies consist on practical training. I may get a salary while i'm abrod doing them.
Can I have a salary while studiying abroad and still receive the student grant while my income is inside the limits of student's own income? https://www.kela.fi/web/en/income-own-income
Thanks

Kela | opintotuki

Lukematon viesti Kirjoittaja Kela | opintotuki » 11 Maalis 2020, 15:00

Hi!

Usually salary during practical training doesn't effect student grant either. There are very few exceptions (like Police University College) where salary may prevent benefits but I dont think that is the case in your situation.

Make sure to follow up your income limits for every year, like you said.

Kind regards
Joona | Kela opintotuki
Kelan sähköiset asiointipalvelut löydät osoitteesta www.kela.fi/asiointi

FREEDDAWG

Lukematon viesti Kirjoittaja FREEDDAWG » 29 Kesä 2020, 15:34

Hello guys! Btw about studying: I need good online tutor, cuz my grades are sooooo bad :(
Any advice?

KatzenMachen

Lukematon viesti Kirjoittaja KatzenMachen » 30 Kesä 2020, 10:17

I believe that online tutoring is one of the most important achievements in the modern education system, because now you do not need to go to someone's home or school to solve some subjects or learn a language. Now you can simply turn on your personal computer / laptop / phone / tablet and study with an online tutor in a cozy and convenient environment for you. Isn't that wonderful? I myself deal with online tutors, which I found here: https://studymind.co.uk/
I advise you to consider hiring an online tutor, because it will benefit you!)